Wednesday, January 21, 2009

NOTORIOUS


Last night some of the guys got together, smoked a j, and watched the movie Notorious. For those of you who have lived under a rock the last 3 months, it's the new Hollywood film documenting the rise and fall of Christopher Wallace aka Biggie Smalls. The film did an excellent job portraying the east/west coast rap "war" that dominated much of the mid 90's. However, some of the acting choices for Biggie's affiliates within the movie were, in my opinion, poorly chosen. (movie = 7/10)

That being said, I can't hate on the movie too much because it provided an ample opportunity to showcase Ratatat's remix to "Party and Bullshit." It's an interesting twist on an already golden track. With Biggie on my mind I decided to include some throwbacks as well. I can't believe fifteen years have gone by since some of these first came out...

Notorious B.I.G. - Party & Bullshit - Ratatat

Juicy - The Notorious B.I.G.

Big Poppa - The Notorious B.I.G.

R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 – March 9, 1997)

No comments:

Post a Comment