Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Masters
and no we're not talking Golf
(repost from April 12.09)


Doves are a project I found out about accidentally the other week. The latest album, entitled Kingdom of Rust, recently came out April 6th. I haven't had the pleasure of checking it out yet, but that's on today's to-do list along with the hours of other work in the queue. I seriously recommend checking out the Still Going remix to the latest Doves single. It is chilling and a perfect cure for a hangover.

Doves - Kingdom of Rust (Still Going Remix) DMCA rbr

By now we all know that the Crookers present something a little bit harder...


About a month ago (March 11, 2009) I posted a track by DJ Mujava that had well some real shitty sound quality- sorry about that. Anyways, last week I stumbled across a remix done by the none other, extremely talented Crookers remix to the track in question. If you haven't heard the orig I'm talking about, check the previous post here (keep in mind the quality). However, this new track has no sound issues (other then it sounding pretty damn good). The Crookers add in a little of their own flare but for the most part leave the backbone of the track untouched. I think this speaks to how solid Mujava's Township Funk really kills it. Oh and if you know any Armand Van Helden... see if you can spot the sample up front.

Mujava - Township Funk (Phra Crookers Supertrance Refix)

While we're talking about the Crookers I had to mention an old fav that redthreat resurfaced the other day. This track debuted in March 2008- almost 2 years into the Crooks career. Trash is a hard techno delight that features what I'm going to call "the techno strum," which is ill. Enjoy the throwback.

The Whip - Trash (Crookers Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment