Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mmm, mmm, mmm...
too much tasty stuff to mention (in the title)


First things first, I have been MIA for tons and this my first post for the month, damn son! As such, I have been building on this post for way too long; each day I find some new dope tracks too add to the list, but its already huge! So here we go, and I apologize in advance. Also, there are minimal pics because I went crazy with song postage... word is bond!

Number one - neighbours to the south, Blacklight Flashlight (If your down with hockey, go Blue Jackets!). In any event, these dudes keep it mad real and although I only have one track to share with you, I know we have had a post of a remix these guys did a little while back, which you can get to here. So yeah this track is really funky with a great disco keyboard-synth vibe, add in some nice drums and you have a pretty radical tune. I am on the hunt for more Blacklight Flashlight, if their other stuff is like this, I can't wait. The goods:

Blacklight Flashlight - Dreaming In

Numéro deux, and I apologize for the cliche remark, but this is a straight up French connection; 317 favourtite Breakbot and fellow Frenchmen Yuksek together, drop the heat on this one. This track has been circling the blog world for a little while now, so out with the goods:

Yuksek - Extraball (Breakbot Remix)


Next up, some super funky Brazilians known as the Twelves (as if you hadn't heard!) combine with local heroes Metric. From Rio to Toronto, actually that is unfair, I know Metric is part Canadian, but I am unsure about which part, my bad. In any case this remix is money, these dudes know what they are doing and you should not be shy; partake in what the Twelves are ready to give you. Mad love:

Metric - Help I'm Alive (the Twelves Remix)

Moving right along, over the last month I have come across a couple tracks by the Torontonian known for funky electro - Hemingway. Apparently, not much is known of this elusive Canadian yet, although, word on the street is he is a mean DJ. Once again, my bad on the lack of info, but take a gamble if you're new to the name, this song was also remixed a while back by the Brazilians mentioned above. So here is a little Canadian-funk twist:

the Virgins - Rich Girls (Hemingway Remix)

Featured alongside Mr. Hemingway, fellow Torontonians (and Montrealers) - DVAS. These dudes make sick ass disco house. I'm going to be brutally honest, these tracks are both awesome, but the first one is a gem, think more disco-ish Daft Punk (really?! Yes.). Amazing build-ups and great tripped out dance potential. Oh and SymbolOne, these guys are crazy good as well, and I've got a dope remix of theirs to share. And if their story is true as per their my space page - craziness! Hey! Have Fun:

DVAS - Forever

DVAS - Ambient Room (SymbolOne Remix)

Okay, two left. A remix to this track has been featured here before on an older post which you can get to here (Broke One kills it). This time around, however, Youth has blessed the Elke track with his London vibes; his synth break down is straight up and down fucking fantastic, recognize! (I know that's aggressive, but I promise its awesome). Straight from the shores of the UK:

Elke - Blue Dream Lover (Youth Remix)


Mates from Leeds represent hard on this track. This one was also featured a little while ago, get it here (Paul Epwoth + Friendly Fires = Magical/Epic). But to the same token, Grum from Leeds lays down a super gnarly remix. Below is a poster that gives a pretty good description - "Tasty Shit!" I hate to judge, but I totally saved the best for last, this track makes me way too happy, so please enjoy:

Friendly Fires - Skeleton Boy (Grum Remix)


Wow, that was a little much, again, my bad, I got carried away and I knew it from the get-go. Post up in the comments section if you're diggin' on the tracks, we love to hear from you!

P.s. I lied, one last track I promise. No info on this gem, but Kennedy kills it here; this is a great summer funk-disco jam that would sound killer out the window of your Ford Tempo, or at your house party. And if this track doesn't make you smile, I just shed a tear for you. The nice weather bonus:

Kennedy - Karate

As always, represent the my space pages of the artists you dig and of course, tons of peace and love.

2 comments:

  1. big fan of that blacklight flashlight song, sounds like a neo-megaman track hahaha. That Breakbot remix is super funky but to me that new twelves track sounds a little bladn, maybe its just me. Nick I think you should give Shempi by Ratatat a peek, its like Rasputin mixed with Neo-tokyo. Also, if you haven't listened to PNAU's first album, check Hard Biscuit, if you like funky, you'll love that. Apparently Tiga's new album is somewhere on the interwebs, I have yet to locate it now. Anywho I'll peep the rest of those tracks soon, keep on postin' brotha man

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post nick!
    call me, please.

    ReplyDelete